I posted a blog some time ago about the best way to deal with potatoes with early signs of blight.
Consensus was to remove the foliage and dig the potatoes up ASAP.
This I did and have discovered it was probably the best course of action because I have discovered quite a few potatoes that have been in store have developed what I can assume is blight that was not present at the time of digging. I have been checking the tubers regularly and removing the affected ones. They are stored in a cool dark place in baskets allowing the air to circulate round them.
Picture shows a PFA and Charlotte, the big one has turned quite mushy
Add a Comment