Yesterday I spent a pleasant couple of hours at the veg plot, taking down the sweet pea nets, dismantling the runner bean supports and digging up a few parsnips for Sunday lunch.
I sowed them way back in March on one of the rare days when it didn't rain. I didn't hold out much hope for them, but, surprisingly, they thrived. Two rows is plenty for our household if they all germinate - and they did. But, on digging up a few from each row, I was surprised at the difference between them.
One row were perfect, well, almost perfect, specimens - they hadn't quite filled out all the way down the root - a bit top heavy you could say - but they were a really good size.
continued at http://awomanofthesoil.blogspot.com
Add a Comment